Sunday, December 18, 2011

Twenty-One

Well I turned twenty-one last week. I am officially an adult. I feel like I should know what I am doing, but the fact is, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH MY LIFE!!! (Which is a great feeling by the way, and I am sure most of you can relate.) I thought I would have everything together by now. I use to have daydreams when I was sixteen about how different my life would be by the time I was this old. Some of my daydreams consisted of…


-Serving a mission on a remote island while looking absolutely gorgeous in ugly worn black flats, a hideous skirt, and a button up shirt. Proudly wearing that black name tag. Speaking fluently to some natives in their own language about the gospel and committing ten people to baptism in one day.


-Or graduating from some prestigious college and immediately getting the dream job I have always wanted. (I still don’t know what that job is but I was always wearing shiny black heals, red lipstick and riding in an elevator.)


-I also thought that if daydream one and two were not in the works by the time I was twenty-one it would be because of my rock solid relationship with Mr. Wonderful. Who would propose with a simple gold band and it would be so romantic because our love meant more than a rock on my left hand. Haha


But even though those perfect daydreams are still nowhere to be seen, I am happy. I am happy despite the fact that I am still unsure of where my life is taking me. I am still happy even though I am single. I am still happy regardless of what others think of me. I am happy, and that is all that matters right now.

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel the same way sometimes... Whenever I used to watch a movie with a young ambitious girl wearing black heels, I thought: that will be me someday! baha.

    it was super good to talk to you yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete